Friday, April 18, 2008

Let the fun begin!

Well, we have been in our house for almost a year now. I can't believe how fast time has flown. We are finally starting to put our yard in. Wanting a bigger backyard was one of the reasons we moved from our other house. It may sound greedy, but having three boys you kinda want to be able to just shove them outside and let them run off some of their energy in an enclosed, safe place. We got 12 truckloads of dirt hauled in today and I think we still need more. Mike says that's all we get. We'll see after it gets spread around I guess. The tractor guy should start the spreading the first of next week and then we are going to the sewer plant to get some nice poop dirt for the finish layer. (Hey, the poop dirt is free. It may stink for awhile, but it makes your grass grow awesome.)


The dirt needs to go everywhere.


Lot's of work to be done.


5 comments:

Jeremy 'n Brandy said...

ah man! I just want your house so bad! And your yard! We just went and looked at a house that was built in 1966 and they want $254000. It is a bank owned home. I sooo badly want a new home. I would love to jump in that dirt.

Laura said...

Looks like a whole lot of work! Seriously, let us know if/when you guys need help!

Todd and Melissa said...

Wow! That is going to be a big job! Give us a call if you need anything!

Brody Purser said...

Hi Stacy, it's Natalie Purser. Mike e-mailed BJ and gave him your blog address. I loved catching up with the Merrill's and I can't get over how adorable your boys are. We have a blog too. I will send you the link. I love this blogging world when you live far away, so you can keep in touch with friends.

Monica said...

Hey, from our view it's lookin' good guys, lookin' good. You're getting your yard in a lot quicker than Russ and I did. I just want the stinkin' lots next to our houses and across the street to have houses so the dang weeds don't overcome my whole yard! That South side of our house is a jungle!
And what is this about you having to clean the church? Yikes.